The Commander's Field Manual
Welcome to Tatooine, Commander. If you're going to survive out here, you better be prepared. Now's the time to brush up on your training.
Not everything can be solved with a blaster. If you're going to build a base you'll need droids to get it running. Each building project will keep one droid busy, so if you're expanding fast you'll need more of them. To purchase additional droids tap the droid icon in the top-right.
Note: You don't want to be building around every scrap in the desert. Tap on debris to have a droid clear it.
Surviving in a hive of scum and villainy means being well defended. Use your hard-earned resources here to set up defenses. Be aware of the 6 categories:
- Defenses: Non-turret defensive structures. Don't underestimate the benefits of a simple wall, or the effectiveness of a shield against an aerial attack. Ensure you're ready for anything—traps, Droideka Sentinels, and Scout Towers are all important parts of defence.
- Army: Ready to take the fight to the enemy? Most of these buildings will help you train or build the units you need to do that.
- Resources: It doesn't matter how well-trained your units are if you don't have resources to maintain your power. These structures provide you with Alloys, Credits, Contraband, and Crystals, eventually paying for themselves.
- Treasure: Need to gather Alloys, Credits, Contraband and Crystals fast? This is the place to do it.
- Protection: Tired of dodging blaster shots? Protection will keep you from being attacked for a set period of time... or until you attack another Commander.
- Turrets: Specialized defensive structures—a must for any Commander. Each turret has an important strength; mix them up to keep enemies on their toes.
Note: Tap the i on the upper-right corner of each purchase in the Shop for important details on how it works.
What's a Commander without units? Time to make an army. Here are some of the structures (listed under Shop > Army) that will help you enlist new units:
- Barracks: Tap train to create infantry units—on-the-ground specialists with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Starship Command: Tap Commission to create starships—made for bombing and strafing targets from above.
- Factory: Tap train to build vehicles—mechanized units that vary in speed, armor, and firepower.
- Hero Command: Tap mobilize to enlist heroes—the galaxy's elite, such as Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Darth Vader.
Note: You'll need a Unit Transport (listed under Shop > Army) to house your units until they're deployed into battle. You can only have as many units as your Unit Transport can hold.
Ready to bring the fight to the enemy? The following guide will take everything you've learned and put it into action:
Good luck out there, Commander!